Today started at early with Naomi pulled on her bed outide to the plaster theatre to have her brace cast. This seemed to go very smoothly, especially as she had been plastered from shoulders to waist 6 times before, and wasnt phased at all. We're hoping the brace will arrive on Wednesday afternoon, and then we can start getting her slowly back on her feet. This evening the Ward Sister told Rachel and I to go to the local pub for a break, and some time together. We had a couple of hours to chat and a bite to eat. Naomis anaesthetist had visited whilst we were away, and as Naomis sats were at 95% she asked that the oxygen be taken away at night-time too. The last remaining tube is the feeding tube, which all being well will be removed on Wednesday.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a lovely suprise when I logged on just before going to bed - there was Naomi saying "Hello" with such a big smile.
You are doing so well, Naomi, keep up the good work. It has been so nice to be able to keep up to date with your progress.
Love from Uncle Mike, Aunty Mavis Anne, Joe & Ellie.
Hi everyone I am up and chatting to the night staff after a 3 am turn. naomi is comfortable now and sleeping well especially with the
O2 mask off for the first time O/N in 8 days. It is very calm on the ward at this time!!!!!. It has been a busy day with every bed filled during the day. Some have stayed over night but most have gone home so I have been able to sleep in an empty bed next to her again tonight. We hope to get the brace fitted today, the Orthotist will go back and forth to the work shop at the other end of this rural hospital site. It will take longer than the usual 2 hours to be made bespoke I am guessing. Naomi has chosen a denim pattern as her first choice for her brace and blue camoflage as second choice! Just like the one Rebecca had - thanks for the baloon Rebecca and Kate . Back to bed a slower morning today I hope the staff got all the parents up at 05:30 yesterday to get beds ready for the 6am admissions. Love Rachel
Its always good to see the big smile on your face Naomi. You are doing so well. I am hoping that a story cd will arrive for you today- the first of some boks on CD that Alexander has enjoyed very much and we thought you would too. Love Auntie Fiona XXX
hi Naomi, how lovely to see the video of you today when I logged in and to read that the oxygen has also gone for the nights as well, you are doing so well it's great news, I hope you had a wonderful nights sleep. Daddy has told me you are a big Sharpay fan so I will tell Julianne tonight when she gets back from school and let you know who her favourite character is next time I log on. I do like your choices of the Denim and blue camoflage for your brace.
Every day you seem to take another step on the road to recovery which is great, take care and God bless until next time
Kim xx
Hello Naomi,
It is wonderful to see your lovely smile on the blog. Did you like the comic we brought and have you eaten all the chocolate? Perhaps today you will be able to sit up for a little while and see everyone in the ward when you get your new denim brace. looking forward to seeing you again very soon. Tell us what you would like us to bring.
Love and kisses from G&G, Shirley & John.
Hello Naomi,
i read all about your progress tonight with mummy, and i think you are very brave to have such a big operation. i hope that your brace comes very soon so that you can start to get on your feet. WE're pleased you could do some painting and are feeling a bit better. do you want me to send you anything like a magazine or something? love from Issy x x x x x
Post a Comment